CyAN’s weekly digest of cybersecurity news from around the globe. Find the links to the full articles below.
If there is a topic you would like to see more of, do not hesitate to get in touch!
* Ransomware payment ban: Wrong idea at the wrong time https://www.theregister.com/2024/01/06/ransomware_payment_ban_wrong_idea/
* Merck Settles NotPetya Insurance Claim, Leaving Cyberwar Definition Unresolved https://www.securityweek.com/merck-settles-notpetya-insurance-claim-leaving-cyberwar-definition-unresolved/
* Pro-Iranian Hacker Group Targeting Albania with No-Justice Wiper Malware https://thehackernews.com/2024/01/pro-iranian-hacker-group-targeting.html
* North Korea Debuts ‘SpectralBlur’ Malware Amid macOS Onslaught https://www.darkreading.com/threat-intelligence/north-korea-debuts-spectralblur-malware-amid-macos-onslaught
* 86% of cyberattacks are delivered over encrypted channels https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2023/12/21/malware-encrypted-threats/
* Taiwan to reveal Chinese election interference after Jan. 13 vote https://therecord.media/taiwan-elections-china-interference
Brought to you by James Briscoe, Secretary General at the Cybersecurity Advisors Network (CyAN).