What are the benefits of joining the Cybersecurity Advisors Network (CyAN)?
CyAN is the perfect place to network, share expertise, and engage in joint action in pursuit of improving the cybersecurity industry and its capabilities. Some of the benefits include:
- Expert Peers: CyAN connects highly experienced, well-connected, and respected professionals from around the world and across a wide range of disciplines and sectors.
- Networking: CyAN’s community enables you to build relationships and stay up to date with other regions of the world. CyAN chapters also organise casual get-togethers in different cities to better meet fellow members, share knowledge and experiences, and unwind over a few drinks.
- Events: CyAN, as a trusted and respected network of cybersecurity experts, provides access and even speaking opportunities for members at partnered international events like FIC, the GFCE, and Cybersec.
- Enablement: CyAN’s members can bring their projects to the board for review and support that provides professional input alongside a trusted platform from which to offer services.
- Profile Building: CyAN provides you with increased visibility as a cybersecurity expert. If you have applied successfully, you will fill out your profile and appear publicly.
- Emails: CyAN provides email addresses for members upon request, allowing them to represent CyAN and be more associated with it in turn.
The more you leverage our network, the more impact you make!
Who can apply?
CyAN is open to experts interested in cybersecurity and the fight against cybercrime. From CISOs to non-IT experts (such as lawyers and policymakers, to mention a few) who understand that building resilience against attackers requires a proactive mindset and the ability to connect with others.
How to become a member?
Applying for membership is straightforward and done through this form.
Please note that we are a trust-based network. This means we pay the utmost attention to your track record when vetting your application. Being vouched for by members is not mandatory but helps significantly.
If you are a young professional or even a student, and your motivation exceeds your experience, there is still a place at CyAN for you. It is worth remembering that even our board members had to start somewhere, and what better place to do so than CyAN?
To maximise membership worldwide, our membership fees are adapted country by country, based on the latest available Big Mac Index. The annual professional membership fee is 200 EUR (no membership fee for students). If you work outside of the EU zone, feel free to ask what the adjusted fee is in your country using the Contact Us page.
How can you get your initiative supported by CyAN?
We routinely support initiatives, conferences, events, and initiatives run by our members upon review and approval by the board.
Members seeking support from CyAN should address the following questions:
- Whether the entity or initiative seeking support or endorsement is for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Whether the stated aims are consistent with the professional or personal development of CyAN members and the CyAN community more generally.
- The likely demand on CyAN’s resources relative to the perceived value by members of what is being promoted.
Articles of Association
Image creation and illustration: Rudolphe Sebti – www.rudolphesebti.com