On the 24th of February 2023, CyAN member Gilles Chevillon conducted an online training session for Webforce3 for approximately 150 students.
Webforce3 is a French network of 50 vocational schools that prepare youth and adults to emerging jobs in the digital economy. The innovative model of WF3 helps train jobseekers to become web developers, for instance, in 3 to 6 months.
As our daily lives become more and more dependent on Internet-based tools and services, and as those platforms accumulate more of our most sensitive data, the demand grows for advices and protection in the field of cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity affects everyone, including in the delivery of basic products and services.
- Cyber risk management has become a fundamental component of business operations, and understanding and mitigating risk has become an essential skill for business leaders and every member of an organization’s staff.
- Individuals and companies with a security-aware culture are less likely to suffer an expensive cyber-attack.
The objective of the training session is to equip students with a comprehensive understanding of how to identify and manage operational, litigation, and reputational risk. Students will learn how to assess and mitigate web security vulnerabilities within an organization’s networks, systems, and data, and explore strategies for responding to a cyberattack.
By the end of the training session, students will:
- Define and use key terms and concepts in the field of cybersecurity.
- Learn how to protect themselves and their company from common attacks.
- Recognize technological and social threats including viruses, spyware, malware, impersonation, denial-of-service, hacking, identity theft and corporate identity fraud.
- Appreciate how social engineering attacks operate and how to protect itself through cautious behavior and by adopting sound social media practices.
- Understand the different types of cyberattacks, the business systems that are most at risk, and the importance of an organization-wide approach to cybersecurity.
- Strategize and develop a cyber risk mitigation strategy, including the appropriate legal and compliance steps that need to be taken when responding to cyberattacks and reporting cyberattacks to law enforcement.
Training content :
- The cyberthreat landscape
- The cyberthreat actors
- The most common types of cyber attacks
- Identify Important Business Systems and Assets
- Mitigate Cyberthreats to Facilities, Networks & Data
- Cyber Resilience and Incident Management
- The importance of an appropriate communication strategy
- Designing and Executing a Mitigation Strategy
- What is Cyber Insurance?